• Tweets

• The contractor also alleged he was labelled a "snitch" for speaking up over safety issues.View the full article
    • From October 1 this year, all newly opened car parks will be required to operate under these new rules. For existing car park operators, they have until the end of 2026 to bring their sites in line. Here are some of the key changes motorists should be aware of: Drivers will be given a 10-minute grace period during which no parking charge can be given Clear signs arerequired to help drivers navigate the car park, and know where they can and cannot park The parking charge cap of £100 is maintained, reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days A new Appeals Charter will create clearer parameters for when motorists can appeal against a parking charge This new code has not been produced by the government, but by the two sector regulators which private parking operators must register with to operate. The new code is a joint project between parking sector regulators the International Parking Community (IPC) and British Parking Association (BPA). Parking fines are changing – here’s everything UK drivers need to know (msn.com) .............................. eh? this seems a spoof? dx
    • Tech firms commonly highlight their use of AI, but in some cases it may be exaggerated.View the full article
    • It seems surprising that the party holders would have invited people to where there was a car park that required Permits to park. Have you contacted the people who held the party to see if they had a facility for those attending the party not to require a Permit or to enter their vrm at the party to avoid the Permit problem. Your letter to the rogues will not deter them from continuing to write to the keeper. It would have been different had you given the name and address of the driver  and please do not do that as it gives away  a strong defence point for you both. The threats they send through the post and the unlawful demands they ask for over £100 will all count against them should they go to court. They know that Permit Holders only signs do not offer a contract to motorists so you cannot breach a contract that does not exist.  That will not stop them sending threatening letters in the hope that you will finally crack and pay them. Probably unlikely that they will take you to Court though they may well go up to the last part-which is paying the Court fee since they know they will lose . I know it is difficult for you both receiving these demands but we see them all the time and realise what a bunch of *************s they all are . They can't even produce a legal document properly after 12 years of practice. saya it all really.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Big Motoring World/Motonova finance - sold me MOT failure

I didn't expect to start really badly with purchase my new vehicle.

8th June I bought the vehicle from BigMotoringWorld.

The car has 10987 and apparently service was done on 10852 mileage .

I spent a half day in the store to take the car and was even manipulated to buy warranty with is cost a lot money.

Since I left the store car has started to have issues with the brakes.

Once i push the brake pedal the car starts noises and does not  have the power to stop the vehicle ( Pedal must be press to the end to stop )

I called them but no one was able to support

i decided to read the review about them and I was shocked...

I took the decision that I will return the vehicle and send them email on 12 June with the issues on brakes and requested to return the vehicle.

They replied to me 5 days later 

In relation to your request to exchange your vehicle, please be advised that we do not have a returns policy on our vehicles.

Please can you confirm how the vehicle is noisy

I was really angry

I have to deal with them and car was cost me £31K + finance cost s

I read your posts in forums and took some advice from others colleges who have similar issues and replied to them as below.

Dear Big Motoring World

I'm writing to you about the car I bought from you for £31000. on 08.06.2024

The car has only 11000 mileage I was thinking is almost brand new however has issues with the breaks.

( Please note the car was apparently serviced 300 mileage ago and break was chaneged )

The brakes make the sound they are not with the good condition.

When push the pedal brake car is not stopping immediately.

I'm not feeling safe to drive anymore with those vehicle.

The Consumer Right Act 2015 make It and implied term of the contract I have with Big Motoring World that goods be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality.

As you are in breach of contract and I've owner the vehicle for less than 6 years ( less than 2 weeks before the issues arose in fact ) I am within my statutory right to ask for a refund at no further cost to me.

Please note  I informed Motofinance company and informed about the issues and request to cancelled the agreement.

I look forward to hearing from you within 14 day with details of how you plan to arrange return the vehicle back.

THEN Since I send those email the conversation has completely changed and they reply to me below.

Thank you for email dated 11/06/24

I am sorry to hear that you have had cause to complain

My understanding if your complaint is:

Your brakes are grinding and the vehicle is not stopping efficiently.

In order to complete our investigation we require some additional information from you.

please confirm the following at your earliest convenience:

Please can you confirm if you have visited a local Halford or Kwitfit or other repair agent to carry out a free of charge brake health check ?

Halford and Kwitfit are able to check your brakes to advise if they require replacement.

In order for me to issue my response can you please confirm your desired resolution ?

If you feel I have not understood the nature of your complaint correctly, please advise me accordingly.

We will now be investigating this complaint and will aim to respond to you as soon as possible.

We will keep you updated with the progress or your complaint in due course 

I have really enough with them and just want to close the case and return the car.

Please can you advice what to do ?

Thank you

External Complaints Policy V.2.1 31.05.24 4.pdf.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to Big Motoring World/Motonova finance - NO BRAKES!! Issues with returning the car.

i will guess english is not your 1st language?

as there were numerous spelling and grammar mistakes in the above post it almost made it impossible to understand your issue...

i've done my best to sort it out for you

are the finance company Motonova?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Posted (edited)

Hi,

Apologise yes is not my 1st language.

Motonova is my finance company.

Thank you for your support

Edited by Vursiii

Posted (edited)

Send a letter rejection immediately.

Don't hang around

Dear big motoring world – dear finance company

Vehicle registration number XXX purchased XXX date. Finance reference XXX

Letter of Rejection

I purchased the above vehicle on XX date for £31,000 and within hours it demonstrated serious brake problems. There are noises when one tries to break and the brakes barely have the power to stop the vehicle.

It is in a dangerous condition and it is clear that not only is it manifesting a serious defect but also you have sold it to me in unroadworthy condition and this is an offence contrary to the Road Traffic Accident 1988.

I am rejecting the vehicle for a full refund. There will also be some ancillary expenses which I have incurred and I shall be seeking reimbursement of those as well.

I am returning the car to you. The brakes are in a serious condition and it is scarcely driveable but I will be returning it to you on XXX date.
Please don't attempt to dissuade me. I shall be leaving the car with you and I shall be finding my way back.

Please let me know what steps you take for reimbursing my money and also informing the finance company that the finance agreement has been cancelled.

If you still have the vehicle which I gave to you in part exchange then you should return it to me. If you do not have my vehicle then we will have to come to an arrangement over the price that you paid me for it which of course was a trade price and not a replacement value.
Once I have returned the car to you, I should warn you that if you do not reimburse me within seven days of having the car returned to you, that I shall issue letter of claim and then I shall I shall start a legal action against you and in addition to the claim for reimbursement, shall make sure that the judge agrees that you have committed an offence under the Road Traffic Act and this will be supplied to the police as well as to Trading Standards.

Yours sincerely

Copy: the finance company

see if you agree with this letter. Any amendments – please let us know.

How far are you away from the dealership which sold you the vehicle?

Where is it now?

Edited by BankFodder
Edits in red

I agree with this letter, should I send to BigWorldMotor  letter by the post or via email again  ?

they are 25 miles  way from me around 50m drive. 

Car is in the front my  house

And is the car drivable?

Send the letter by email and by letter both to the dealership and also to the finance company

By the way, you are potentially threatening to bring a legal action here.

Make this threat unless you fully intend to go ahead with it. 

The cost of bringing an action for 31,000 is 5%. You will get that back if you win and of course I'm quite sure that you will win but you need to be aware of this risk factor

Yes the car is driveable. I just want to return the car and close the finance. 

Was huge mistake to buy the car from them and not review before..

Please note I gave my previous car for exchange and was valued for £6800 

I want to get my money back.

I'm going to amend the letter slightly. It will be in red.

You probably won't managed to get your old car back. You have to get the value that they gave you for it which of course will put you out of pocket because you would have accepted the trade price and not the price for you to replace it.

However we will deal with that later.
Please check my amended letter very carefully. If you are going to drive it back then you had better do it very slowly and carefully because if the brakes are as bad as you say then you are probably committing an offence by driving it.

When you get back there, leave it there with the keys and any documentation although you should take copies of the documents before you leave it. Inform DVLA immediately that you have now relinquished ownership of the car.

I would suggest that you carry a telephone with a call recorder running when you get there so you can record all calls in case anything useful said.

What date are you going to return it?

I can return the car tomorrow.

Do I need to talk with them ? Or just leave the car and leave the store ?

Should I leave the V5 with them ?

Thank you

Actually, have you got Halford's nearby where you can get them to do a quick diagnosis for the brakes. You will be useful to get a statement backing up what you say.

Delay returning it for 2 or 3 days until you can get that diagnosis. Let us know

Hey,

I just left the garage, they said they are brand new brakes and discs and that’s how is working those models cars… 

I guess I can’t return now the vehicle back ?

I’m really not happy from those car 

If that is the case then no you can't return it.

I would suggest that you go for another check somewhere. Why don't you take it for an MOT? If it passes then I think you will have to keep it. If it fails then let us know and that will give you very good grounds for rejecting it

No that only applies to distance sales

The car is from 22 plate, the first  MOT is next year April 2025 

I'm happy even to spend additional £££ and do legal action if is possible just to return the vehicle 

Please if can help 

Thank you

You will need a reason to return it. Get the MOT. It doesn't matter when it expires – get another one. Do it this week

Currently I’m in the MOT centre and car has been diagnosed with plenty of faults 

Could you please send me your email address to send you whole report ? 

I’m not sure if I should share all information in the post 

Thank you 

I see that it has reported a number of faults – but nothing wrong with the brakes.

I don't understand much of it but I'm not sure there is anything there which makes it unroadworthy.

However, they are defects and you are within 30 days so you are entitled to reject the vehicle.

This is not an MOT is it? Did you have an MOT done?

Also I think you can now share this report on the forum. Redact names – but leave your registration number. It is important that if this vehicle goes back on sale that people have a chance of finding it on this forum.

Take photographs of it with the registration number in view and post the photograph here as well.

I suggest that we draft a letter of rejection, send it to them and to the finance company and also in addition to sending it to them, that you should return the vehicle and leave it at the dealership and give them by hand a copy of your letter of rejection and then walk away.

He said anyone that you are prepared to take legal action. Maybe we should draft the letter of rejection as a letter of claim as well and make it clear to them that if they don't accept the rejection and if they don't refund you within 14 days that you will begin a legal action without any further notice.

Are you prepared to do this? It's not a bluff.

The things is the computer shows also in my car 18k mileage however has only 11k maybe even they was changing the clock.

I attached now fully proof from MOT Centre

We have done only the diagnostic on vehicle.

Could you please help me to send the email to bigmotor and also finance company ?

Thank you

Audi Report.pdf

Why won't you do the MOT?

What it's up to you – but you come here for our advice and then you go to a garage for advice and you take their advice.

Are they lawyers? Do they have legal experience? Are they going to be the people who draft your letter of rejection? Are they  the people who will draft your letter of claim?

I think you need to decide where you are going to get your advice from.