Benefit payment not in bank account DWP have sent it

Greendeco
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1573 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

is anyone else having an issue where a payment they were expecting is not showing in their bank? 
my ESA should have been in my Citibank acct on 2 Jan 2020, it’s still not there

DWP have twice confirmed they sent it and it’s been accepted by the bank.

i can’t get any sense out of the call handlers, they keep asking what bank is the payment from and I keep telling them it’s from the U.K. govt.

ive referred them to the previous payment for reference purposes.

ive seen nothing much on social media apart from problems with fast payments at Lloyd’s (Citibank did use Lloyd’s for depositing cash as no branches in Manchester)

I’m getting increasingly worried as I feel so helpless, ill ring the bank again tomorrow but to be honest it feels pointless as the call handlers are not understanding what I’m saying.

anyone else having problems? 

Oh Yes - Lloyd had issues with payments on the 2nd Jan... IT would explain the issues you are facing. 

However I truly am stumped on how to get you your money quickly. 

I would suggest raising a complaint over the phone etc and speak to a Complaint Handler. 

What maybe longer term is

- Raising complaint via CEO Level @ Citibank

- Raising Formal Complaint with DWP

- Sending DSARs... 

But these wont resolve your issues quick enough. You might need to harp on at DWP as if the payment failed - It would have probably been returned due to the issues.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

don't the DWP do emergency payments?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The DWP won’t help as according to them they’ve made the payment, and it’s the bank who has the money and they need to put it in my account.

ive raised a formal complaint via secure messaging on the online banking and if it’s not in tomorrow I’ll ring again.

trouble is I really found it hard with the call handlers, they didn’t seem to comprehend this was coming from DWP.

ive sent all the references from the last payment so I’m hoping they can trace it.

there was no sense of urgency with them and they had no idea why there was an issue. 

I’ll escalate it if no joy.

I’m really surprised there’s nothing on social media, only seen one other person who hasn’t had their pension payment 

I suspect the payment will appear tomorrow.

There were problems with some Banks on Thursday and Friday last week, with the problem being fixed Friday afternoon.

As the Banks don't then process such payments at weekends, the amounts should then be credited on Monday.

If the amount is not showing Monday morning, contact Citibank and they can search their system for payments waiting in the system to come through.

If the payment is rejected by the Banking system for whatever reason, DWP systems should  show it as rejected on Tuesday.  They can then re-process it as a faster payment if necessary.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you and yes you were right, however, I’m still raising a complaint.

at no time did Citibank inform me that there was an issue and why. 
when I called them they were unclear about what was happening and unhelpful.

this has caused me huge stress, and I have fibromyalgia so stress causes my pain to flare up, so I’ve been bad for two days now.

obviously my illness isn’t their fault but not being able to deal with customers with concerns adequately is.

thank you to everyone who responded. I really do appreciate your help.