Why Trump will win

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2917 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

YeeeHAAAAWWWW

Vote Duke Nukem

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

An interesting sound-byte on the Radio2 Breakfast show this morning, how potentially the presidency is the 'safest' place for him. Besides taking a few photos in the Oval Office, their powers are totally reigned in by the senate. He can propose anything he likes but it's got to go through the house before anything actually happens. Look at Obama's attempts at making America a better place, scuppered by the house on countless occasions.

At least in the White House we can keep an eye on him...

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

This is just creating fear, when Europe has had a large population of the many different faiths for a very long time.

During the time that the IRA were bombing mainland UK, would you have looked at your Irish neighbours any differently ?

You can't judge people by the actions of a small minority of others, just because of country of origin or religion.

Trump is stoking up hatred against various ethnic/religious groups because it plays well in certain parts of America. He can't win the Presidency, because most Americans live in communities with people from diverse backgrounds. America has and is being built by immigrants.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

This a dumbed down version of the crocodile and the scorpion, by Roald Dahl. Although the conclusions the reader is supposed to consider are different.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/reese-schonfeld/the-crocodile-and-the-sco_b_6316740.html

Some 60 years ago, I read a Roald Dahl short story about a crocodile and a scorpion. As I recall it, the scorpion was searching for a way across the Nile River or the Red Sea or some such waterway. The scorpion finds a crocodile basking along the waterway's edge. He asks the crocodile for a lift across the water to the other side. At first, the crocodile refuses, he tells the scorpion that he doesn't trust him, that he fears the scorpion might sting him. The scorpion replies that if he stung the crocodile they would both drown, and that would make no sense. The crocodile acknowledges that and agrees to carry him over on his back. When they reach the middle of the waterway, the crocodile feels the sting and as he flounders in the waves says; "Now we'll both die, why did you do this?" The scorpion replies, "This is the Middle East."

This is interesting, in the story the conclusion is that the scorpion stings the crocodile because it is "his nature". Mr trumps conclusion relies on the idea that some people are inherently evil because of the location or their birth or their beliefs(it is their nature).

People go to other countries as immigrants to seek a better life for themselves and their families, how would this be achieved by damaging the system that will provide it.

It is puerile nonsense.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

So what you are suggesting is that all the people coming in are nice friendly people who wouldn't hurt a fly - bullcrap.

All the people who live here already nice and friendly ? Get your head from up your BTM..

Edited by citizenB

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

So what you are suggesting is that all the people coming in are nice friendly people who wouldn't hurt a fly - bullcrap.

Even if some are nasty criminals etc, they have been coming to the UK for thousands of years. I bet some vikings raped and pillaged much of England. And what about English sailors and soldiers who for hundreds of years went around the world carrying out allsorts of criminal acts. Look at the football hooligans and louts who represent England abroad most years. I can remember the newspaper headlines of Brits in Spain taking part in sex acts in public places, while watched by beered up people in bars.

People are people. Some are nasty and some nice. The law applies equally to all and it is up to the Police to deal with it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Absolutely UB

It seems that some think that anyone who emigrates to another country in order to seek a better life is somehow harbouring a secret intention to “do in” the indigenous population. Probably the most racist thing I have ever heard.

Absolutely UB

It seems that some think that anyone who emigrates to another country in order to seek a better life is somehow harbouring a secret intention to “do in” the indigenous population. Probably the most racist thing I have ever heard.

Not racist, but some people are genuinely fearful of anything which is different.

A Polish lady working in my local Lidl was challenged by an old lady, as to when she was going home. It was pointed out that she had been living in England for 10 years paying taxes and had a daughter who also worked. Both were now UK citizens, so had no intention of returning to Poland to live.

My Nan in London was the same. She was not a racist, but did not like the change when Asians moved into her area.

Some people are happy and comfortable with change. Others don't like it.

Next President could be Michael Bloomberg, if he stands. Think he would beat the others currently standing.

http://www.usnews.com/news/the-report/articles/2016-02-26/michael-bloombergs-presidential-flirtation-what-you-need-to-know

I worked with a load of Roofers from Poland.

Grafters,but also had a interesting sideline in Tobacco brought in on regular trips from somewhere.

Not that i bought any.:oops:

Said one day to me-You english,we mend our tools you throw them away.

I tell you this ,cheeky fellow,if it was not for the fact i was sat on top of a chimney he would have been flying.

Nothing to do with the fact they were about 6 foot 6 or 2 metres for you youngsters out there.

But had a laugh with them,although i have to admit at times i was thinking have these lads taken the jobs of English or should i say Great Britain's workers.

Also asked my Polish neighbours at the time just in chat nothing sinister.

When are you going back to Poland.Are you not lonely.

Said no,not lonely,brothers sister here with their kids,etc,etc,etc.

But going back in about 4 years.

Offered them some Strawberry Plants and other things.

Said no,my house in Poland has big back garden full of them.

A lot going on.One said all people were talking about at the time was getting to England.

The Land Of Opportunity.:-)

Talked also to a Londoner who said they had decimated work in his area doing building work for 40 a day.Or less.

And in my area also,piling in doing certain building work,mostly insulation exterior rendering and fighting at times about things.On the street.

Is there any truth in this do you think.Have they affected things a little to much.

I worked next to 4 One week who did a similar job though not as good as myself.For the same price roughly.

Similar time scale and wondered many things.Like how it that possible.

We have bills to pay and mortgages yet they are working for peanuts.

And surviving.How.

Where can i go to earn perhaps 3 times as much than England.

Equality.Or is it Benefits that they are claiming.

I hope i do not appear racist,just true events and talk.

Slightly miffed.But am out of it now.

But miss it.

Absolutely UB

People who emigrate to other countries to make a better life generally are, and should be welcomed by all.

Those who bypass all the requirements, throw away their identity cards, lie and cheat to get to another country should be refused.

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

People who emigrate to other countries to make a better life generally are, and should be welcomed by all.

Those who bypass all the requirements, throw away their identity cards, lie and cheat to get to another country should be refused.

Yes all of us have to abide by the rules of course, there can be debate however regarding which rules apply in a specific circumstance, and I think humanitarian considerations must have a place within them.

Yes all of us have to abide by the rules of course, there can be debate however regarding which rules apply in a specific circumstance, and I think humanitarian considerations must have a place within them.

The rules are there for good reason. Overloading the administration does not negate the need for the process.

Special circumstances would justify extra resources in processing the rules/laws - not negating them.

The Tory Legacy

I am being told by the media that the migrants are fleeing violence in their own countries.

Then I am seeing from those same reports the violence from those same migrants because they are being denied access to the countries they want to go ? Why are they not using that violence against the people who are pushing them from their own countries ?

What are they going to do when / if they are admitted and they don't get a home or job straight away ? Burn down other properties - thump someone ?

There are an awful lot of what appear to be extremely fit and healthy young men among those at the staging centres - why are they not fighting for their human rights/ right to live in peace in their own birth countries instead of destroying what little has been provided for them along the way to where they want to go?

If I was fleeing from a war or persecution, I would take sanctuary at the first place it was offered.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You misunderstand no one is talking about ignoring whatever laws are in place, but these can and are beiing changes as situations develop for a variety of reasons, although probably just the guidance on how to enforce the existing ones.

There are very good humanitarian reasons why people should not be refused access, you just have to read the news or put on the TV to see.

Prediction = he will get Trumped @ the last minute!

Or, someone will assassinate him !

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think it is a case of knives against assault rifles CB. Many will be trying to protect their families also, you see a lot of young ones and elderly people on the news as well as young fit men

Or, someone will assassinate him !

That would be the worst thing that could happen CB just what they they need a martyr

I am being told by the media that the migrants are fleeing violence in their own countries.

Then I am seeing from those same reports the violence from those same migrants because they are being denied access to the countries they want to go ? Why are they not using that violence against the people who are pushing them from their own countries ?

What are they going to do when / if they are admitted and they don't get a home or job straight away ? Burn down other properties - thump someone ?

There are an awful lot of what appear to be extremely fit and healthy young men among those at the staging centres - why are they not fighting for their human rights/ right to live in peace in their own birth countries instead of destroying what little has been provided for them along the way to where they want to go?

If I was fleeing from a war or persecution, I would take sanctuary at the first place it was offered.

+1

The tragedies are what is occurring in the refugee camps, not with these gangs of yobs who are taking up the resources and goodwill that should be used to help those in the refugee camps.

The Tory Legacy

+1

The tragedies are what is occurring in the refugee camps, not with these gangs of yobs who are taking up the resources and goodwill that should be used to help those in the refugee camps.

So the yobs should be rounded up and returned - it is that type of thing that will deter any welcome for the rest.. tarring with the same brush, etc !!

BCOBS