• Tweets

• Please do, we'd like to hear how you get on. Or you can pop back if you have queries once the police correspondence arrives. HB
    • I really appreciate the help, I’ll be sure to report back with the outcome once it’s all dealt with 
    • Correct. You must confirm you were he driver and then the police will make whatever offer they decide. It should be a course as they are normally offered up to (and including) 53mph in a 40mph limit.  The main thing is that you need to ensure this is dealt with as a "straightforward" matter with no hitches. The first job is to make sure you get your own NIP/request for driver's details, complete it properly and sign it.
    • Here it is!! no ws recieved from them as yet but will speak to mum in a couple of hours to get an update Screenshot_20240703_150154_WhatsApp.pdf
    • My apologies Dave you are correct! I think I'm losing the plot as im aging 😔  Here is a draft what do you guys think?? 1. I requested a Subject Access Request from the Defendant on 3 July (exhibit 2). 2. I am totally bemused as to why, in para 10 of the defence, the Defendant's solicitor, Ms Leonard, thinks I do not have the right to make a SAR. 3. I had in fact made a request for disclosure under CPR XXX (exhibit 3) which was also ignored by the Defendant, so I sent a SAR. 4. The Defendant's solicitor, Ms Leonard, quite rightly, in para 7 of the defence, puts me to strict proof of posting of the SAR on 3 July. I do so by attaching the proof of posting (exhibit 2). 5. I received no reply by the deadline of one calendar month. However, I did not rush to court. I complained to the ICO. I also gave the Defendant "de facto" an extra 14 days to satisfy the SAR when I sent a Letter of Claim on 3 August (Exhibit 3). I once again attach proof of posting because Ms Leonard has, completely understandably, underlined the importance of such proof (exhibit 4). 6. Nowhere in Ms Leonard's fantasy timeline where Parking Eye Ltd did everything by the book does she even mention that I sent the company a Letter of Claim. 7. There was no reply to my Letter of Claim by 17 August so on 18 August I issued a county court claim. 8. Shortly after filing the claim, the Defendants paperwork arrived but after both the original calendar month and the 14 extra days stated in my Letter of Claim had expired. 9. Ms Leonard claims that Parking Eye Ltd sent the SAR response on 4 August. It doesnt normally take 14 days for post to arrive. She put me to strict proof of posting so I put her to the same test. She, quite rightly, insists that the other party in litigation can prove posting, so I request the same. 10. What is likely to have really happened is the following : The Defendant's business consists of sending a series of threatening letters at different time intervals to motorists who do not pay them. In this repetitive work a SAR or a Letter of Claim will have been ignored. At the last minute someone will have realised the importance of a Letter of Claim and will have sent out the SAR with an invented date of 4 August and will have "forgotten" to obtain proof of postage. 11. Failure to disclose data in breach of a statutory deadline. Under Article 12 GDPR, a data controller must respond to a SAR “without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of the request.” Thank you all so kindly for putting up with me ❤️ 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

YB/Jeremy Sutcliffe/Brunswick/Fairhalsen

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5445 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive been doing a bit of digging relating to DCAs used by YB

This morning the CCLB (Consumer Credit Licensing Bureau) confirmed to me that all DCAs should have valid licences. Solicitors who pursue and collect debts on behalf of others also require licences

CCLB search against Jeremy Sutcliffe & Co does not produce any results

CCLB search against Brunswick Collections shows Licence number 48710, however this licence lapsed in 1996.

Companies House records show Brunswick Collections as a non trading Co.

Fairhalsen Collections, also used by YB have a valid licence number 138058, this licence expires on 17th June 2008.

Brunswick Collections and Fairhalsen share the same postcode, and email contact details for Fairhalsen is a NAB e-mail address.

Hope this info is of use to any Yorkshire claimants who are being bullied/harassed by the above.

Guest Fallenangel

Hi, I am being hasseled by Jeremy Sutcliffe &co with regard to a debt thats from 1994. They are very persistant. Are they worth dealing with .....when they threaten court action etc?

Thanks

Guest Fallenangel

Hang on a mo I'll go and have a look at it...but I'm sure it's Jeremy Sutcliffe not YB.......2 mins

Guest Fallenangel

OK I've got it......yes its Jeremy Sutcliffe and co Solicitors and the address is Brunswick Point Wade lane in Leeds. Letters dated 8th June. Theres an email addy in it too......

Guest Fallenangel
What is the e-mail address, and what exactly does it say in the letter.

Can you post the letters text, omitting personal details please

I thought you might ask that!!! lol

I will TRY but am n ot too sure how to do it....

The email is jsutcliffe@jeremysutcliffe.co.uk

telephone number is 0870 2400613

Guest Fallenangel

well I dunno how the heck you get this thing to work!!!

diddled I have the letter here with details blacked out......

It basically says up your payments in 7 days or else....

Guest Fallenangel

Just remembered that before JS got this debt it was being handeled by Brunswick .....and that was in 1998 and after...

I am no expert on DCAs, perhaps a mod will come along who can advise.

My understanding is that whilst Jeremy Sutcliffe is an in-house solicitor for YB, all letters are sent out from his company. As his company does not have a consumer credit licence I suspect he may be acting as a debt collector unlawfully.

Mr Sutcliffe appears to have connections with governmental departments, his name has cropped up during consultations

Guest Fallenangel

Mega complaints indeed!!!!

Breif history....took loan out in 1994 roughly 3200. Payed 118 per month for about 3 years untill default in 1997. delt with YB for a while till it was passed onto Brunswick in 98.....and subsequently onto JS. Strangely the debt is 2500 to date!!!! with arrears it says of 1800!!!.....now do the maths on that one!!!

What I was thinking was, have been harrassed do much by JS that I've had enough now and after letter this week am considering what next......do I question their licence?..do I ask for original agreement?...

Am SURE amount owed is wrong.....any ideas???

I would write a letter of complaint to OFT

I dont know if Jeremy Sutcliffe has been acting in his capacity as in-house solicitor for YB, in which case he probably wouldn't need a separate licence, but from what I gather all correspondence comes from his office Jeremy Sutcliffe and co.

He has previously referred to Clydesdale Bank as being his clients, this suggests to me that he is not employed by the Bank.

Hi Fallenangel

Did Brunswick buy the debt from YB, if so have they sold it on to Jeremy Sutcliffe. Also are Jeremy Sutcliffe asking for payments to be made to themselves or to be paid direct to YB

One of the reason I'm asking this is because Jeremy Sutcliffe appears to be connected to a company called First4debt. I think he may be an insolvency practicioner

Hi Guys

Just wanted to let you know I have also been hassled by Jeremy Sutcliffe but it was before I found this site!

They did not hesitate in taking me to court with regards to a YB Visa card.

My alleged amount also shot up from 700 to over 900 pounds.

I am now paying it off at 50 pound a month but if I am a few days late they go straight for a Warrant of Execution.

They are not nice people and if you can prevent it from getting to court I would advise you to do so, they do not mess about.

Use any info you can to fight them, its too late for me already been to court, but they are ruthless.

Hope this helps, sorry its not good news though!

Speedy

Hi Diddled

All correspondence is on Jeremy Sutcliffe headed note paper but states

Yorkshire Bank V Yourself

I don't recall dealing with YB over this my letters have all come from Jeremy Sutcliffe so I presume he is acting on their behalf.

When I have spoken to the courts with regards to payments they gave me Jeremy Sutcliffes details as the claimant no mention of YB!

They have also spoken to JS on my behalf.

Speedy

• 2 years later...

Hi all heres prove that jeremy Sutcliffe is an in house solicitors of yorkshire bank and that fairhalsen is an in house DCA of yorkshire bank. Both though are registered under seperate buisnesses. To me that means that as a seprate business dispite there websites being registered to Nation Austrailian Bank Group, they must still have a credit license to collect debt or act as a debt collector.

Jeremy Sutcliffe

Website

http://Http://www.jeremysutcliffe.co.uk Note the Site no longer works yet it is still registered in whois.

Website Whois (registration)

Jeremysutcliffe.co.uk - Jeremy Sutcliffe

Company House/law society (Company registration)

No record despite claiming to be a Co company and issuing letters as a seperate entity to yorkshire bank (i.e letters headed as Jeremy Suttcliffe & Co Solicitors). note no credit license appears on any of their letters either.

OFT public record for Credit licensed companies:

No record found using their trading name therefore they have never had a credit license and are unlawfully acting as a DCA

Fairhalsen collections limited

Website

http://www.fairhalsen.co.uk Note site is not working either.

Website Whois

Fairhalsen.co.uk - Fair Halsen the exactr same registration details for jeremy sutcliffes site i.e National austrialian bank group.

Company house

WebCHeck - Select and Access Company Information is registered therefore defiently needs a credit license

OFT public record for Credit licensed companies (license number 138058)

Click below link then click CCA search in right hand menu and enter license number in correct search bar and click search) actual are results below link:

Public Register

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0138058

Licence Status:Lapsed on 22/10/2008

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration Number Fairhalsen Collections Limited1643133

Categories:

Debt adjusting/counselling Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Issued Date: 04-May-1983

Expiry Date: 17-Jun-2008

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePosition Joanne Daws Linda TheakerOFFICER Lynn McManus Michael Frank Webber

Historic Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePosition David Ralph BraimbridgeOFFICER Jane Lindsay ShirranOFFICER Mr Geoffrey James SimsOFFICER Mr Graham HaldenbyOFFICER Mr Henry John BakerOFFICER Mr John Cyril HurstOFFICER Mr John Robert BrintOFFICER Mr Michael BucktinOFFICER Mr Reginald Stephen WalsterOFFICER Mr Stephen Paul LanchburyOFFICER Mr Steven David BedfordOFFICER Mr Steven Patrick PinderOFFICER Mrs Maureen BruntonOFFICER Myshele ShawOFFICER Neil Bruce MilneOFFICER Roger Reece WilliamsOFFICER Shaun Malcolm WrightOFFICER

Nature of Business:

Debt Collection Other

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddress Correspondence88, Wood Street, London, London, EC2V 7QQ Principal Place Of Business98, Harrogate Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS7 4LZ Registered Office4 Victoria Place, Manor Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS11 5AE

Historic Address(es):

Address TypeAddress Correspondence48, Springfield Way, Anlaby, Hull, HU10 6RW Correspondence98, Harrogate Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS7 4LZ CorrespondenceNational Australia Group, Europe Limited, Legal Services, Great Britain, 40 St Vincent Place, Glasgow, G1 2HL CorrespondenceP O Box 82, Paragon House, Ferensway, Hull, HU1 3BL CorrespondenceP O Box 9, Gibson Lane, Melton, North Ferriby, North Humberside, HU14 3JA CorrespondenceThe Athenaeum 8, Nelson Mandela Place, Glasgow, Strathclyde, G2 1BN CorrespondenceUnit E The Wynbrook Centre, Skillings Lane, Brough, East Yorkshire, HU15 1AZ CorrespondenceUnit E, The Wynbrook Centre, Skillings Lane, Brough, North Humberside, HU15 1AZ CorrespondenceYorkshire Bank Plc 20, Merrion Way, Leeds, LS2 8NZ Principal Place Of Business48, Springfield Way, Anlaby, Hull, HU 10 6RW Principal Place Of Business98, Harrogate Road, Chapel Allerton, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS7 4LZ Principal Place Of Business98, Harrogate Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, L57 4LZ Principal Place Of BusinessBoston House, St Andrews Dock, Hull, HU3 4PR Principal Place Of BusinessKing William House, Market Place, Hull, HU1 1RS Principal Place Of BusinessUnit E The Wynbrook Centre, Skillings Lane, Brough, East Yorkshire, HU15 1AZ Principal Place Of BusinessUnit E The Wynbrook Centre, Skillings Lane, Brough, North Humberside, HU15 1AZ Principal Place Of BusinessUnit E, The Wynbrook Centre, Skillings Lane, Brough, North Humberside, HU15 1AZ Registered Office98, Harrogate Road, Chapel Allerton, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS7 4LZ Registered Office98, Harrogate Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS7 4LZ Registered OfficeBoston House, St Andrews Dock, Hull, HU3 4PR Registered OfficeUnit E The Wynbrook Centre, Skillings Lane, Brough, East Yorkshire, HU15 1AZ Registered OfficeUnit E The Wynbrook Centre, Skillings Lane, Brough, North Humberside, HU15 1AZ Registered OfficeUnit E, The Wynbrook Centre, Skillings Lane, Brough, North Humberside, HU15 1AZ

History of the license:

Licence History

Licence Details:

Licence/Application Number Licence Status Applicant/Holder Name 0138058 Lapsed on 22/10/2008 Fairhalsen Collections Limited Event Details:

Event TypeDate of ReceiptClosed DateStatus Renewal 16-Jun-2008 17-Nov-2008 Closed by OFT - Made of no effect Notification 27-Jun-2006 28-Jun-2006 Completed Notification 28-Mar-2006 28-Mar-2006 Completed Notification 27-Mar-2006 28-Mar-2006 Completed Notification 12-Jan-2006 12-Jan-2006 Completed Notification 23-Nov-2005 23-Nov-2005 Completed Notification 21-Oct-2005 21-Oct-2005 Completed Notification 07-Oct-2004 03-Nov-2004 Completed Notification 28-Feb-2004 02-Mar-2004 Completed Notification 25-Oct-2003 05-Jan-2004 Completed Notification 18-Oct-2003 04-Oct-2004 Completed Notification 18-Oct-2003 13-Nov-2003 Completed Notification 24-Sep-2003 04-Oct-2004 Completed Notification 13-Aug-2003 10-Sep-2003 Completed Renewal 07-Apr-2003 16-Jun-2003 Completed Notification 08-Jan-2002 09-Jan-2002 Completed Notification 24-Nov-2000 27-Nov-2000 Completed Notification 17-Nov-2000 20-Nov-2000 Completed Notification 10-Nov-2000 13-Nov-2000 Completed Notification 06-May-2000 09-May-2000 Completed Notification 20-Apr-2000 25-Apr-2000 Completed Notification 01-Apr-2000 11-Apr-2000 Completed Notification 01-Dec-1999 02-Dec-1999 Completed Notification 10-Aug-1999 11-Aug-1999 Completed Notification 27-May-1999 01-Jun-1999 Completed

Not sure what Closed by OFT made of No effect means but i assume that there application of renew failed. And as you can see their credit license lapsed back in November 2008. that means that they are now unlawfully acting as a debt collection company and can not enforce the debt as they have no license to do so. i have forward a letter of complaint about both of the companies above and yorkshire bank with regards to this and in the process of writing to all of them personally especially the bank since they owe me over £1000 and are using the above to to try calim back £242. Will let you know how it goes but please keep posting your own problems with these companies and the bank and any opinions or advice you may have.

the following quote was taken from an email from the OFT in response to another person problems with an unlicensed DCA it says it all really.

link to where post was found: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/51121-geoffrey-parker-bourne-unlicensed.html

Qoute from OFT's email response:

"Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (“the Act”), if a business wishes to be involved in activities relating to consumer credit or hire, including debt collection, they must have a consumer credit licence. The Office of Fair Trading (the OFT) has duty to enforce the Act, including a duty to monitor the fitness of all traders that hold a consumer credit licence."

Edited by teaboy2

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.