Scot Call Problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5719 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI All,

I posted 10 days ago about some problems with Capquest with regard to them sending me letter about debts I know nothing about.

Original thread can be found here: Cap Quest Problems - The Consumer Forums

Well I have now received another letter from a different debt collection agency called Scotcall in relation of a debt of £404.80 supposedly owed to Credit G - Maidstone Housing Trust.

Just like the Capquest incident I know nothing about this debt, I do not owe this debt.

Do I send the same letter I sent to capquest, the "prove it letter" to Scotcall as well?

I have attached the letter from Scotcall as a PDF to this post.

I am also left wondering why another debt collection agency is writing to me about yet another debt I know nothing about and do not own, do the various debt collection agency's talk to each other and say they have a "Live address" so to speak, I ask because it seems strange that I sent a prove it letter to Capquest and now I have a different debt collection agency writing to me.

Any help of advice you can give me would be much appreciated.

Take care, Keith

ScotCall 24 July 2008.pdf

Well that was easier than I thought.

I just received a letter back from Scotcall with regard to the "prove it" letter I sent them.

They have basically said that the account was not in my name so they would be closing the account on their system and that it will be returned to there client advising them that the person does not live at my address.

Thanks for everyones help.

Take care, Keith