• Tweets

• Hi all, We bought a part to fix our washing machine approx 13 months ago direct from the manufacturer of the washing machine via phone. This part then failed 13 months later, as confirmed by their own engineer, who was sent by the manufacturer (who is also the retailer for the part) FoC. The engineer actually installed a replacement part, the machine came back to life, but they then removed the part as "we would be charged for it". The retailer are refusing to replace the part, stating that they only warranty parts for 90 days. When I stated that I believed the Consumer Rights Act gives me longer than that, they insinuated that it did not, and this was repeated by many representatives. AIUI for goods bought more than 6 months ago, I need to get an engineers report to confirm the part has failed? Or that it has failed due to manufacturing issues? Or would the companies own engineers report suffice? Thanks, GH
    • Thank you for that "read me", It's a lot to digest, lots of legal procedure. There was one thing that I was going to mention to you,  but in one of the conversations in that thread it was mentioned that there may be spies on the Forum,  this is something that I've read quite some time ago in a previous thread. What I had in mind was to wait for the thirty days after their reply to my CCA request and then send the unenforceable letter. I was hoping that an absence of signature could be the Silver Bullet but it seems that there are lot of layers to peel on this Onion.  
    • love the extra £1000 charge for confidentialy there BF   Also OP even if they don't offer OOC it doesn't mean your claim isn't good. I had 3 against EVRi that were heard over the last 3 weeks. They sent me emails asking me to discontinue as I wouldn't win. Went infront of a judge and won all 3.    Just remember the law is on your side. The judges will be aware of this.   Where you can its important to try to point out at the hearing the specific part of the contract they breached. I found this was very helpful and the Judge made reference to it when they gave their judgements and it seemed this was pretty important as once you have identified a specific breach the matter turns straight to liability. From there its a case of pointing out the unlawfullness of their insurance and then that should be it.
    • I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cheekiness towards a DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'd be interested to know if anyone has ever shown any "cheekiness" towards a DCA on the phone/or in writing & if so, to what degree?

For example - when i spoke to Credit Solutions on the phone yesterday (quite willingly) i informed the guy that "due to extreme financial difficulties, no offer of payment can be made at this time, however should circumstances improve in the future, i will be happy to review this" :p

I will be sticking to that official line for as long as need be ;)

So have other members said/done anything similar towards a DCA?

I'd love to hear your stories on this :grin:

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi I wrote to iQor recovery services to explain that the debt they were trying to collect on for Littlewoods did not have a credit agreement and I did not recognise any debt to them when I got another letter from them I rang and told them they had been sold a pup by Littlewoods , that the debt was not worth the paper it was written on and they would not get one penny from me. That seems to have done the trick have not heard from them again.

dpick:p

dunno if it was cheeky but it was downright offensive .

Before I knew how to deal with DCA's i used to proper lose it with them , everycall used to end with me threatening their life and that of their families , that is why I am very dubious when they say that its being recorded , wouldnt recommend doing this though as it used to take me a good hour to calm down after lol.

CAG v dca

CAG EVERYTIME .....

KEEP RIGHT ON TILL THE END OF THE ROAD ........

I run them ragged sometimes.

I think I've failed if I can't get them to slam down the phone

on me in sheer frustration and anger. :roll:

Pretending to have attention defecit disorder + the attention

span of a goldfish works wonders...

......Oh look a bumble bee.......:grin:

Also asking them to speak very slowly and asking them to

constantly repeat things due to deafness really winds them too.

I was assused of being "very vague about the amount I could afford to pay" yesterday.

My reply was, "I can be as vague as I like about an unenforceable debt you claim I owe."

Needless to say, none of them are getting another penny from me

till I see some valid CCA's appearing in the mail.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Just gave the losers of lowells a phone call put on me best cornish accent ala Jethro and was shouting at them down the phone .

Phone call went like this

Low Hello may i take youre reference

LB HELLO HELLO U CALLED THIS NUMBER

Low May I Take your reference please

LB SORRY YOULL HAVE TO SPEAK UP IM A BIT DEAF

Low I can hear you perfectly

LB WHAT

Low Could I have your postcode then

LB MY ROAD

Low No sir your Postcode

LB OH MY POSTCODE NO

Low Why not

LB DONT YOU KNOW THE DATA PROTECTION ACT

Low er yes sir I do

LB SO DO I JUST BECAUSE IM DEAF DOESNT MEAN IM STUPID IS THAT WHAT YOU THINK ?

Low no sir not at all .

LB BETTER NOT DO MATE .

Low If you are not prepared to give us any postcode sir then i may as well hang up .

LB YOU DO THAT

Low ok sir thanks for your time

LB HELLO HELLO

Low Im still here sir

LB I HAVE A SUPRISE FOR YOU

Low Whats that then

THIS

(hangs up)

• Haha 1

CAG v dca

CAG EVERYTIME .....

sweet

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

Love it. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Frantically working on my script for Moorcroft later tonight,

as I'm browsing the CAG.

I think I have come up with some classic lines in answer

to some of their usual scripted questions.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

lol loving it, OH has been 'cheeky' with one of his after they have repeated harrased him on the phone, last time he told the agent that he had missed his voice and he was so pleased to hear from him, he then called him a slimey little maggot for ignoring his letters and payment offers and telling him they were going to make him bankrupt, funnily not heard anything since mind you it took them 3 phone calls like that to get the message

rang lowells up again last night in my best pakistani accent

Lowell Reference number please

LB Hello Please why you ring number

Low reference number

LB no reference number who is i speaking to please

low RED

LB Red what is red

Low Well we dont have to give out that information until you tell us a reference number

LB The english flag is red GOD SAVE THE QUEEN what

Low could we have your postcode then

LB My postcode what is this ?

Low At the end of your address will be you postcode , if you give us that then we can see what you were called for .

LB so you want the last thing on my address , let me think now YES i have it .

Low what is it

LB fullin stop

Low No before the full stop there will be letters and numbers ,

LB ah yes I see now , who is this again please ?

Low RED

LB sorry RED I not going to give you my postcode

Low why

LB Because I dont want to , (CHANGES BACK INTO CORRECT VOICE) and as i have taken up your valuable time , therefore stopping you from making more of your pathetic threatening calls to harras them into paying debts that you cant prove you own you plank i wish you a good day .

Brummie wins and stands on the moral high ground .

• Haha 1

CAG v dca

CAG EVERYTIME .....

I've developed a new hobby...

I'm starting to ring round DCA's at random with a made up debt & reference number/personal details, to see how many of them are shameful enough to go along with it & how many are honest enough to say they dont know anything about it - you'd be suprised at the results so far ;)

Mt Ton,

I posted this on one of your other threads, but it does throw up some interesting points and I've found it a good way of dealing with these to**ers. This is more-or-less verbatim and it happened to me a few months ago:

Them: "Mr Bassett?"

Me: "Yes"

Them: "For security purposes, will you please confirm your date of birth"

Me: "Whose security?"

Them: "Pardon"

Me: "Whose security are you concerned about here?"

Them "Yours of course"

Me: "Let me get this straight, you're telling me that for the sake of my own security, you want me to give you, a complete stranger ringing from a number that has been withheld, the kind of details that could be used to steal my identity?"

Them: "Yes"

Me: "Don't be bloody silly. Goodnight."

Regards.

Fred

• Haha 1

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Lmao @ ^

[COLOR=blue]THAMES CREDIT: STATUTE BARRED LETTER SENT [/COLOR][COLOR=red]No reply[/COLOR] [COLOR=#0000ff]HILLSDEN SECURITIES: CCA REQUESTED [/COLOR][COLOR=red]No reply[/COLOR] [COLOR=#0000ff]ROBINSON WAY: CCA REQUESTED [/COLOR][COLOR=red]In default, 30 days up 6th April[/COLOR] [COLOR=#0000ff]LOWELL: CCA REQUESTED [COLOR=red]In default 30 days up 6th April made offer for F&F - refused [/COLOR] :D [/COLOR]

Mt Ton,

I posted this on one of your other threads, but it does throw up some interesting points and I've found it a good way of dealing with these to**ers. This is more-or-less verbatim and it happened to me a few months ago:

Them: "Mr Bassett?"

Me: "Yes"

Them: "For security purposes, will you please confirm your date of birth"

Me: "Whose security?"

Them: "Pardon"

Me: "Whose security are you concerned about here?"

Them "Yours of course"

Me: "Let me get this straight, you're telling me that for the sake of my own security, you want me to give you, a complete stranger ringing from a number that has been withheld, the kind of details that could be used to steal my identity?"

Them: "Yes"

Me: "Don't be bloody silly. Goodnight."

Regards.

Fred

this is a valid point. you get threat letter "despite our previous calls" we now taking you to court.

provide transcripts like this and i wonder what the Judge would say!

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Abbey charges, Won

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

especially if this is first contact i might add as they either phone 1st or send letter then ring the following day

Abbey charges, Won

Would be interesting for a few of us to try fake name and account number with a few dca's.

What format (as in amounts of letters + numbers etc.)

i.e. for Moorcroft they seem have 2 Their reference which is 12 numbers long, and the client ref which is 15 numbers long.

Would be useful to get the fake details looking correct when we give them out.

Might make for an interesting OFT complaint, if one of them tries to collect from a fake account.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

I used this one on Debitas.

hello this is ****** calling on from Debitas legal services

Oh says me are you lawyers?

No

Then why do you have Legal Services in your title?

Just the name of the company I work for.

I'd like to know what legal services you offer.

Ummmmm

I need the help of a good lawyer what do you offer?

CLUNK

Hehehehe

The Moorcroft Saga........

Well I called Moorcroft and here's a transcript of what happened.

Or in Moorcrofts case...what didn't happen. :p

Moorcroft Monkey: Hello, MDR, Can I have your reference number please.

Me: 123456789

Moorcroft Monkey: Thank you, please hold while I access your account on my computer (speak n spell I think you mean mate.)

Me: Why? I have an account with you then?

Moorcroft Monkey: Yes indeed you do. (slight pause) I need to run through some security checks with you. Mr Bobble is it?

Me: Yes it's Mr Bobble here. I afraid I can't run with you anywhere, I lost both legs in Desert Storm.... Landmine, blew them right off.... BOOM!!! I was one of the lucky ones. Ginger lost his head. Poor guy didn't realise till lunchtime and he had nowhere to put his sausage n mash. Roger kept getting shouted by someone on the radio. Kept going.... Are you there...Roger. It was carnage mate. It got so bad we ended up walking back to blighty with only catfood to eat for 3 weeks.

Moorcroft Monkey: Mr Bobble?(silence for a few seconds) What are you rambling on about? I have no interest in your war stories. I meant I have to ask you some security questions, so I can verify that you are the person who's account we hold.

Me: Doesn't it make your arms ache?

Moorcroft Monkey: (confused) What?

Me: Holding my account. It's been over 2 months since I last called you, your arms must be aching if you've been holding my account for so long.

Moorcroft Monkey: Hmmmm.....I haven't time for your games Mr Bobble. I need do these security checks so I can verify your identity.

Me: But I know who I am and where I live. But I need you to confirm who you are. You could be anybody for all I know. Do you do deliveries? I could murder a kebab with loads of chilli sauce.

Moorcroft Monkey: You called us sir. So you should already know who you're speaking to.

Me: How about a chicken vindaloo then? I'd like a fried egg on the top of it, if that's possible?

Moorcroft Monkey: You know full well who this is. You've given me your name and account number. Now stop this stupidity and answer my questions please. I don't have time for this.

Me: Oh yes, sorry. My memory isn't very good these days. What happened was...erm...I found a letter from you in a bin bag, so I called it, as it mentioned a debt of £700 ish and I rang to sort out you sending me the money what's owed. How much do you owe me then?

Moorcroft Monkey: Let me get this straight...You found a letter, and are trying to pretend to be someone else?

Me: No, I am Mr F Bobble it has my name on the letter. The bin bag I found the letter in, was on my driveway. I think the girlfriend left it there. I nearly ran over it in the Ferrari, silly cow should have put it in the wheelie bin.

Moorcroft Monkey: If you have a Ferrari sir, which I doubt, then I think you should be more than able to pay us the £700 you owe. How do you intend to pay? We accept all major credit cards, so you can pay it now over the phone.

Me: It was credit cards that got me into my last mess to begin with. But that's another story. Once upon a time there was a gingerbread man call fuzzybobble who wasn't very good at financial management. One day h....

Moorcroft Monkey: You need to sort this out NOW!!

Me: Sorry. What were you calling about?

Moorcroft Monkey: The £700 you owe on the account that was passed to us by Argos.

Me: Oh yes, that's the one I asked both you and argos to provide a properly executed agreement for. Let me see, that was 15 working days ago now, and you both failed to provide me with what I'm legally entitled to. I'm afraid you're in default now. How naughty.

If I was ever daft enough, and legally obliged to pay you anything I would pay £5 it in 1p coins, in a box containing several lead weights and no stamp on the jiffy bag. Will that do?

Moorcroft Monkey: What do you mean you aren't legally obliged to pay anything? It says here you owe £700 and if it went to court you would have to pay it.

Me: Ooh look....A bumble bee.... (had to get that one in somewhere) :D

Moorcroft Monkey: What about it? You're not taking this very seriously are you Mr Bobble? I suggest you start by telling me how you intend settlling this debt you are clearly trying to avoid paying!!!! You have ten seconds. Then I will put a note on the computer that court proceedings should begin immediately.

Me: I'm not going to pay you a penny. Not now, Not tomorrow, Not next week, NOT EVER!!!!

Moorcroft Monkey: Then we will take you to court.

Me: Not without a valid CCA you wouldn't. Anyway, if you want to go to court, feel free and try. I would be happy to counterclaim for harassment, ilegally trying to get money from me without the proper legal documents, and processing my personal data without my permission.

Moorcroft Monkey: (goes on for several mins about usual DCA threats etc.)

Me: Well it's been very nice to talk to you. But I'm afraid you're rapidly begining to bore me. In fact you bore me so much that I've eaten my own head and I've fallen asleep....zzzzzzzzzzz

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

me waiting for a DCA caller :D

might have to wait a while, i cant suss out why but they dont seem to want to talk to me anymore :(

Abbey charges, Won

Don't wait for them to ring you. Phone them lol.

May cost a few pence, but well worth it for the fun and games

you can get from it.

I'm longing for the day when I ring a DCA and they say to me.

"I will only communicate with you in writing." and hang up on me. :D

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks